I begin to teach a course in GNU / Linux escuela.it in for which I have considered the following objectives:
- Knowing the GNU / Linux operating system.
- Manage the operating systems in virtualized environments and remote.
- Knowing the directory structure on GNU / Linux systems.
- To partition one or more hard drives with GNU / Linux.
- Make installing GNU / Linux on a virtual machine.
- Knowing the Command Shell GNU / Linux.
- Remote connections to external servers.
- Knowing the basic administration of GNU / Linux systems. (users, permissions, Application Installation, firewall (UFW), monitoring and task automation.
In this first class system virtualization virtualbox know how it works.
- Operating System Installation.
How to install a GNU / Linux operating system, from the discharge system, preparation of installation media and installation of the system.
- Directory structure.
Explanation of the directory tree of GNU / Linux and know the most important operating system files.
We discuss storage management in GNU / Linux, knowing file systems, how we can create and format partitions , as well as explain how to mount Linux partitions window.
- Shell 1
Introduction to the Command Line, in this class also we know text editors command line, Using manual commands, and how to indicate routes in linux.
- Shell 2
In this second class we will expand the knowledge of the previous class with new system management commands.
- Package Management.
How to install programs on GNU / Linux, management repositories. Adding new fonts software. Different types of package installations.
- remote connections.
Remote connections via SSH, SFTP. Configuring the services and programs needed to connect them.
- Firewall and monitoring.
Firewall management GNU / Linux using a very simple interface UFW. as well as knowing the system status know by monitoring tools.
- With CRON task automation and scripting.
Automate tasks in GNU / Linux, CRON operation, creating simple script to perform backups with rsync.
To follow the course all you need is a computer virtualization capabilities and internet.
If you fancy do not hesitate to apuntaros.